Wednesday 23 December 2009

Magic Riendeer Food ......

It has been a busy week, with all of the last minute shopping and getting everything ready for Christmas, but I think I am almost done!!  A couple of things still to wrap, but as Philip is STILL awake playing shops at the top of the stairs, it will have to wait until later.




I made these bags of Magic Riendeer Dust last week as a little gift for Lucy to give to some of her friends at school.  I used a piece if A5 card and folded it to make a handbag shape, sizzix sizzlit die to make the riendeer, red stickles glitter glue and glossy accents for the nose, the ribbon was a bargin buy from Tesco last year!!  The riendeer food is just  a mixture of glitter and oats in a clear bag, quick and simple!!

This is the poem I printed for the back,

Magic Riendeer Food
Just sprinkle on the lawn at night,
the moon will make it sparkle and bright.
As santa's riendeer fly and roam,
this treat will guide them to your home.

So tomorrow night just before Lucy & Philip go to bed  they will take their riendeer food outside and sprinkle it everywhere!! I'm hoping they will keep it on the snow, as we find it all over the house if they dont!!

The weather was good today and the snow melted a fair bit, although frozen solid again now with more snow forcast but I'm hoping they get it wrong!!  I just dont like having to go out driving, although I'm begining to feel a little housebound as my car spent 2 days in the garage last week and is back there again, I dont know when I will get it back :(  fortunately it is still under manufacturers warranty!!  It has been awful trying to get around wiith Philip, I had to cancel his hospital appointments this week.

Thank you all so much for all of your wonderful omments, I have really enjoyed the past 6 months since I started my blog and I love to visit your blogs to find out what you have been up to!!  I am thrilled to be part of two wonderful design teams and look forward to sharing more ideas with you all soon.

Well I think it is time to bring out the mince pies, open a nice bottle of wine and wish all of my friends
A Very Merry Christmas.

Angela  xx






6 comments:

Angelwood said...

So cute! My daughter got some reindeer food at school too but definitely not packaged as beautifully as this. Awesome job, Angela! hugs, Angela W.

Amy said...

I love the idea of magic reindeer food, going to add that to my 'great ideas for things to do' notebook! I agree that your packaging of it is fantastic, love Rudolph, so cute!
Thanks for sharing! Have a Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!

Kat said...

Love the idea of the reindeer food Angela. I got some magic -can't remember what!- sold for McMillan and sent it to Catriona for Poppy to sprinkle outside. I think it was maybe something that the reindeer would see and come to her house!

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas Day and Lucy and Philip have a lovely time and Santa brings them the things they want.

Hugs Kat xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Angela, hope the children had a wonderful day on Xmas Day, I had a really lovely one with my grandchildren. I love your Reindeer bags Im sure they went down well at School. Take care with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I love it!

Piali said...

So cute Angela!! Thanks for sharing with Instyle stamps..
Hugs
Piali