Sunday 29 August 2010

Paper and String .......

With every delivery from Stampin' Up! there is some lovely brown packing paper - I have so much I struggle to find a good use for it other than recycling.    This week I decided to have a try at making some paper flowers with my punches.


I have used several of the circle punches to make this flower, scrunching the paper before putting a clear rhinestone brad through the centre.  The background is stamped with a flower vine from the Tiny Tags stamp set in the gorgeous new Soft Suede ink, layered up on Soft Suede card.  I have tied a couple of the Tiny Tags punched out with some linen thread, the leaves are from the Bird and Branch punch. Sprayed with shimmer mist made using the lovely shimmer paints currently available in the mini catalogue until 30th September.



I have made this card using the same colours as before.  The Very Vintage wheel has been used over some Very Vanilla card to create the backgorund.  This flower uses the scallop circle punch, I have put 9 in my flower scrunching them before putting a rhinestone brad through the centre. Another Tiny Tag tucked into the leaves made with the Bird and Branch punch and a length of linen thread wrapped around the card.  Sprayed with White Frost shimmer mist, for a little sparkle.

I still have a huge piece of this lovely brown paper, so any further uses for it would be very helpful!!!  There may be a little surprise in the post for the best idea!!!

It has been so cold here today, more like late October than August bank hoilday!!!  So much for our vist to the Maize Maze, we hid out at the cinema - it was warm and dry there!!!  Fingers crossed the sun shines on Wednesday as I'm planning to try and get to the Maze then????

We are on to the last week of the holidays, this time next week the new clothes will be all laid out ready for the morning rush to begin again -  only this time Philip will be at school all day!!!  what will I do without my "baby"????? 
                                 

4 comments:

Faye said...

OMG, these are GORGEOUS. You have inspired me to make some of these beautiful flowers. P.S. When do you want the fridge cleaner?! ;)
xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Angela,
These are absolutely gorgeous. the flowers are fabulous and I love the design papers.
Hugs,
Fiona x

martina's kaartjes said...

Love the both cards !! Great !
have a crafty day,
martina
x

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

These are beautiful! I've always wanted to make my own flowers and now I am sooo inspired! TFS
Hugs
Karen