Tuesday 20 March 2012

Wedding Invitations

I don't usually make wedding stationery but my hairdresser is getting married in August and thought she had her invitations organised, only to find out this was not the case, so I offered to help.

I made up only four cards as a starting point, to try and find out what style of invitation she would like and this is the design she choose - the only addition to my original design is the ribbon and flat bow.


It is quite a simple design, using the French Foliage stamp set and the Beautiful Wings embosslit folder.  The colours are Night of Navy, Very Vanilla and the beautiful Gold card, I used Very Vanilla satin ribbon for the flat bows. The sentiment is from the Wedding Sweet stamp set, punched with the modern label punch layered with more gold card and another tiny butterfly. I added a few pearls across the design of the card.

I spent just over two weeks making these invites and I was pleased to see them all finished as I did find it difficult making the same thing over and over.  My hairdresser was really pleased with them when I dropped them off on Saturday!!

This week I hope to get Easter gifts made ready for the end of term next week - I can't believe how quickly it has come around!!!

Thanks for stopping by, 
Angela x

6 comments:

Teri said...

Angela ..... this is a stunning card! Clean and simple .... but gorgeous! xxx

Allie Jolliffe said...

This is beautiful Angela. I'll definitely want to case this one :) Hugs, Allie x

cardsandacuppa said...

These are really beautiful Angela, I'll bet she loved them! I had Navy for my wedding and I see it is making a comeback then...
Hugs xx

Kat said...

Gorgeous wedding invitation Angela. Very elegant and stylish. Just had a quick browse and I love the Mother's Day card and gift box. Love the colours.

Hope Philip's feeling better now.

Kat xx

Margaret said...

Beautiful! The pearls and satin ribbon add to the elegance of the colors.

Anne-Marie said...

Beautiful Angela, bet you're glad they're finished though!