Monday 13 August 2012

What a Night...

It was a late night last night, as I watched all of the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics and what a show it was!!  I thought it would be difficult to "top" the opening ceremony but I loved every minute of last night!!  It was sad to see the flame extinguished at the end of the night - but what an amazing result for team GB and the organisers of the games.


So on to my project for today, a set of mini cards and envelopes in a really quick & easy to make (no gluing) holder made with First Edition designer paper, held together with some Basic Black taffeta ribbon.


I used the pretty Bordering on Romance stamp set, stamping directly on to Sahara Sand card.  The flowers are coloured with Whisper White ink first, then with Stampin' Up! marker pens to make the flowers "pop". 


I added some Crystal Effects to the buds and pearls for the flower centres, along with more Basic Black taffeta ribbon.

 I won't be too far away from my computer today as I'm hanging around waiting for the Paralympic tickets to go on sale - so far I have had no luck in finding any wheelchair accessible tickets??  I guess it will be another day "on hold"!!  We will be in London while the Paralympic games are taking place so its the perfect opportunity for us to see the action?!!


Angela x


2 comments:

Kat said...

Gorgeous Angela. Love that image and really pretty the way you've coloured it.

Good luck with the tickets for the Paralympics. I think it would be amazing to see them "live". Hope you're not "on hold" too long!

Kat xx

Kate M said...

This is great Angela - I love the effect of the markers on top of the Whisper White - stunning!! Feel a case coming on!!
Luv
Kate
xx