Sunday 30 December 2012

Last of my Christmas Projects..

I'm not sure how Christmas has passed by so fast again this year after so many hours of preparation and organisation!! I hope all of my lovely blog readers have had a happy and peaceful Christmas. We seem to have spent most of the week removing toys from their packaging but have yet to find a space for everything - I know there will be a huge clear out next week for the charity shop!!

I am sharing the last of my Christmas projects for this year with the teacher gifts that were made for Philip's teacher's little boy, it was quite an order of 12 gifts in total!!

This gift was the least stressful, as it only contains the ingredients to make the yummy oat cookies that I like to bake, I made 4 of these jars decorated with Stampin' Up! products.


I saw jars filled with ingredients on Pinterest this is my first attempt at layering the ingredients and instructions were included, only butter needs to be added to this mix & then they are ready to bake, so they make a useful gift at this time of year.


Now these gifts were a little more stressful, as they had freshly baked oat cookies and Christmas decorated cake pops!!  So no pressure to get things right?!  Thankfully my baking turned out well, and they filled a small gift box along with a pack of Snowman Soup (hot chocolate, marshmallows & a candy cane). I decorated my box with Snow Festival tags.

On the last day of term at school the head teacher announced how much money has been raised - £2050 in just over two weeks towards Philip's new wheelchair, this is an amazing achievement and we are so grateful to everyone who supported us!!  Thank you just doesn't seem enough to express our gratitude.

I have found some time to do some crafting this week and a couple of new scrapbook layouts with some new stash I have had sitting on my shelves for a while waiting to be inked. It has been lovely to use bright spring like colours as I have made so many Christmas projects this year although many of them haven't been shared on my blog. 

I am making plans for some dates for workshops featuring NEW products from Stampin' Up! and I will be posting details of them soon.  My New Years Resolution is to make a little bit more time for ME - this past year I have not had time to craft for my pleasure and it is something I plan to change.  I plan to get back into the garden (if it ever dries out) and make some improvements and there's decorating....... not sure how long I will manage to keep this resolution???????

I would like to wish you a Happy New Year and I will be back soon with some new projects.

Angela x


1 comment:

Kat said...

Great projects Angela. Really lovely gifts.

What an amazing achievement raising that fantastic amount of money towards Philip's wheelchair. And in only 2 weeks. You must have been overwhelmed by all the support. It will be great for Philip when he gets the wheelchair. People can be so generous for a worthwhile cause, especially for a child.

Kat xx