Saturday 25 January 2014

Valentine Gifts

I love a bargain and I found these lip glosses with perfume in the other end in M&S reduced from £5 to just £1 !!  I thought they had potential to make cute small gifts for Lucy to give to some of her friends, so I set to work and made some pretty packaging for them.


I used Strawberry Slush card, ribbon and designer paper, along with some Smokey Slate card and a little silver glimmer card for the punched heart, the sentiment is from the Chalk Talk stamp set. They were really quick to make, I cut the card into strips & scored it I used a 1/2" circle punch to make the hole for the lip gloss to sit inside, the banner behind the sentiment is made using a fabulous new punch that will be available next week during Sale-a-bration!

It's been another very busy week here with a spur of the moment trip to Halifax on Monday - finally we found a car Darran has spent 6 months looking for?! Today we are going to be driving back to Halifax to collect it after our weekly drive to Durham for Philip to continue with his conductive education at Heel and Toe. Now where to park my new car, ah yes the back of the car park where there is plenty of space, as it's much bigger than the 7 seater I currently drive???

A trip to Newcastle on Wednesday for an appointment with Philip with a quick visit to the Disney store at the Metrocentre. Then Philip spent a lovely afternoon visiting his old friends and teachers at his previous primary school - we decided the time was right to move Philip to a new school in the summer where he can continue mainstream education but with the additional support he requires for his disability and although it was heart wrenching at the time things have worked out well. Lucy left at the same time to move up to secondary school so there were a lot of tears shed but more about that another day as I have some lovely photos I would like to scrap.

Angela x

1 comment:

Kat said...

What lovely little gifts Angela. I love Strawberry Slush. One of my favourite colours from SU.

Kat xx